Maltby DBM Forged Iron Heads
- Calculated at Checkout
The Maltby DMB irons are the next generation of our proven classic 5 step true forged iron design. The lofts have been increased by 1 degree to a achieve a more modern loft progression along with improved finish durability and CNC groove dimensions. The DBM (Diamonized Black Metal) finish is a chemically implanted finish that is 2x more wear resistant, 3x more corrosion (rusting) resistant and 3x more scratch resistant than nickel chrome finishes. In addition to the added surface protection, the DMB finish is chemically implanted so there is no finish layer thickness added to the exterior finish as with nickel chrome finishes. Because the grooves are machined into forged iron heads prior to finishing, the DBM finish actually increases the productivity of the grooves vs. chrome finishes by eliminating this outer finish layer. The DBM irons also feature precision milled micro grooves to improve the consistency of spin from all turf conditions.
- "DBM" Diamonized Black Metal finish is a chemically implanted finish that is more wear resistant, corrosion resistant and scratch resistant than any carbon steel finish currently available.
- DBM finish increases surface hardness without affecting the feel and actually enhances the adjustability aspects of the 1035 carbon steel.
- Five-step true forging process provides unparalleled quality and playability.
- 1035 Carbon Steel provides a soft, solid feel and allows for easy adjustability.
- Traditional blade profile appeals to better players and traditionalist while maintaining a high playability.
- Cavity back design concentrates weight around the perimeter and low, yielding a very forgiving “players” club.
- Blended leading and trailing edges of the sole will not snag.
- Available #3 - PW, GW
- Conforms to the rules of golf
- RH only